Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My Dad's Tree

After the marathon and a shower, I drove over to Glendale Community College to see my dad's tree.

On August 28, 2002, the first anniversary of my dad's death, the Arizona Green party planted a tree in his memory.

He was their candidate for U.S. Senate in 2000. He taught English at Glendale Community College for many years, before his retirement.

At first, I couldn't find the tree. There was a lot of construction, and I was confused about where it was. I was afraid that, with the construction, they decided to remove the tree. (I would've been upset!)

But eventually, I found it. There was fencing around it, but I found a way in, and brushed some of the mud and debris from around the plaque, took some pictures, and collected a few leaves to put between the pages of a book.

No comments: