Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I Think Everyone Would Understand if I Did Not Run Tonight


It was a long day. I've been fighting a cold. (Please note that I do NOT have a cold. I do not get colds. I merely have cold symptoms, and they are going away. I'm not dead yet. I'm getting better.)

I worked hard all day, and got home at 9pm.

My feet are tired. I'm tired.

I think everyone would understand if I did not run. I would get a red square on my Sciral Consistency, but so what? What's one red square?

...But I've been doing so well. I haven't gotten a red square since September 1. (It was for not scooping the cat litter). I have a streak going. It would be a shame to ruin the streak. Running would probably clear my sinuses.

I could do a shortened run. I don't have to do the full amount, to get the dot. I could just go out there and run a couple of miles, and it would still count.

So I put on my running clothes. Sometimes if I say "You have to put on your running clothes, but you don't have to run," that is enough to do the trick. As soon as I put them on, I feel like running.

I sat in front of the computer to read running blogs, for inspiration. I learned that at this very moment, Dean Karnazes is doing a 48-hour treadmill run, to break the Guiness world record for running on a treadmill, and that it was possible to watch him on a live web cam.

So I tuned in. There he was. Let's see, he would probably be on about the 36th hour by now. Jeez.

OK, I'm going out to run now. I think I can do the full amount.

UPDATE: I'm back. I did the full scheduled distance. As usual, I feel better than I did before running.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're an inspiration, your Highness -- congratulations on your well-earned dot.

an admirer

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Good work. I always feel better after working out, especially on days where I was trying to avoid it but go anyway!