Friday, August 22, 2008

Hotel Sweet Hotel

This will just be a quickie post, because it is after 2 am, and we have just arrived at our first hotel (of 2) for the trip ~ in Grand Island, Nebraska. We still have another 8 hours to drive to the marathon. I wanted to check in briefly, for those of you who are following along on your road atlases at home...

We took a bit of a detour, because my mother is in the hospital in Omaha. She is having surgery tomorrow, so it was a little hard to figure out whether I should go on to Wyoming, or cancel the trip. I hope I made the right judgment call (or the right guess, you could say) ~ I am being optimistic, and assuming everything will go as planned, and maybe she will be able to go home on Monday? We had a nice visit with lots of joking and laughing, so she is feeling good and is in good spirits, even though she had not planned this turn of events.

After the marathon, we will drive the 13 hours back to KC, arriving well after midnight. I will get up and go to work until noon, and then I'm planning to drive back to Omaha. Send good vibes full of energy ~ I will need that, in addition to the caffeine...

No comments: